Campaign School is four intense and rewarding days of learning the strategy and skills needed to run successful legislative races in Texas. The program will take place from June 14 – June 18, 2018 in Austin, TX. Not only will you have access to campaign experts, you will meet like-minded progressive, passionate women seeking to help turn Texas blue. General Campaign School applications will open in April.
Campaign School Fellowship
Successful Political Careers Start Here
Annie’s List is recruiting six Campaign School Fellows to staff campaigns through the 2018 election cycle. Fellows start their role with five days of intensive training in June to get the strategy and skills needed to run successful races in Texas. Following training, Fellows will be embedded in the campaigns of Annie’s List-endorsed candidates across the state to fill roles including field organizing, finance (fundraising), and/or communications. The fellowship program will run from June 14, 2018 through Nov. 9, 2018.
Alumnae from Campaign School have gone on to manage political campaigns, work for progressive political organizations (including Annie’s List), have careers in the Texas Legislature, and more. The skills and experience gained from this program – as well as the connections established – prepare you for success in politics and beyond.
You will come away with the knowledge to:
- Develop and implement field strategies
- Fundraise and adhere to compliance regulations
- Lead through stressful and high-stakes situations
- Effectively communicate campaign messages
- Work with Democratic allies and quality vendors
- Engage volunteers and supporters to achieve your goals
Campaign School Fellowship Job Description
Campaign School Fellowship Application
Apply today to be a Campaign School Fellow:
- Review the full job description to better understand the expectations and qualifications for this program.
- Send a cover letter, resume and completed application to Ana Harris ([email protected]) by March 30, 2018.
- We will conduct interviews with top candidates and make selections for the program by mid-April.
Call 512-481-8100 or email [email protected] for more information about the program.
Campaign School Fellow FAQs
- I don’t have any political/campaign experience! Can I still apply?
- Yes! Campaign experience is not a requirement. We will teach you everything you need to know in order to be campaign staff. In addition to the requirements listed in the application, we ask that you have a can-do attitude and be willing to learn from our political experts.
- How much are Campaign Fellows paid?
- Fellows will be paid at least $2,000/month, with housing included.
- Do I need to be in a certain age range?
- There are no age requirements for Campaign School. Because Fellows are required to move to the locations of our endorsed campaigns, candidates are often recently graduated from college or have a few years of work experience.
- I’m not sure I want to be a Fellow. Can I attend Campaign School anyway?
- Yes! Campaign School is designed for women who want to learn the knowledge and hard skills it takes to be a successful campaign staffer or volunteer. While fellows are the only ones employed through election day, the four-day Campaign School training will be available to up to 50 additional participants. The general application to attend Campaign School (not as a Fellow) will open in April.