Annie’s List offers paid positions for young leaders enrolled in college through our internship program. Each semester we interview and hire four to six college students who are interested in the political process and creating better government to work with our team.
Our interns have gone on to attend Annie’s List Campaign School, work on campaigns of our endorsed candidates around the state, join the Annie’s List staff, and hold key positions in the Texas Capitol.
Annie’s List is now accepting applications for paid Summer 2020 internships based in Austin from June 8 - August 7. Intern for the most effective political organization in Texas and make your political impact!
To apply, please email a one page resume and cover letter in PDF format explaining your interest in Annie’s List and your preferred department to Ana Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is Friday, April 17 by 11:59 PM CST.
We encourage all majors and all years to apply, but are particularly interested in rising Juniors and Seniors. Interns are required to work at least 10 hours/week and are paid bi-monthly. If needed, our staff can also work with students to gain course credit or work remotely.
Strong candidates have a demonstrated commitment to Annie’s List mission and values, relevant work experience, strong writing skills, comfort using google platforms and the energy/flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
All Annie’s List interns work to support our mission through one of our five departments: Development, Programs, Political, Communications, and Executive.
Development Intern: learn how to research, engage and thank political donors in support of your mission.
- Support fundraising event preparation and execution
- Conduct donor research and update database and spreadsheets
- Prepare mailings and solicitations
Programs Intern: learn how to plan and deliver meaningful support to candidates and their staff.
- Help identify strategic training locations and local partners
- Assist in recruiting attendees for candidate trainings
- Plan event logistics and contribute to delivery and evaluation
Political Intern: learn how to research for political races and give candidates the support they need to win.
- Reach out to potential supporters for Annie’s List candidates
- Learn software pertinent to progressive campaigns (NGP & VAN)
- Conduct political research
Communications Intern: learn how to build a political brand, develop engaging content and support fundraising and events.
- Assist in tracking press relevant to Annie’s List candidates and issues
- Monitor media for Annie’s List mentions
- Research and draft copy for social media content, emails, press releases, and website
Executive Intern: learn what it takes to lead an effective political organization.
- Work closely with the Executive Director
- Conduct pertinent research and help draft talking points
- Learn operations management and essential business strategies
In addition to these primary tasks, interns will also be called on to help with tasks for other departments as needed. Interns will not only get a sense of what it takes to elect women in Texas, but also have the option to participate in career development opportunities, such as resume/cover letter writing workshops, networking workshops, and panels tailored to the current interns' interests.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive. Annie's List reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
Annie’s List is committed to diversity among staff and recognizes that continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents.
Annie’s List is an equal opportunity employer and it is standard policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Annie’s List will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and such conduct is strictly prohibited.