Annie’s List offers paid positions for young leaders enrolled in college through our internship program. Each semester we interview and hire four to six college students who are interested in the political process and creating better government to work with our team.
Our interns have gone on to attend Annie’s List Campaign School, work on campaigns of our endorsed candidates around the state, join the Annie’s List staff, and hold key positions in the Texas Capitol.
Please note: Applications for Spring 2022 internships will open later this fall.
About Our Internship Program
- Interns are required to work a minimum of 10 hours/week.
- Our internship will be in-person and based in our Austin office, with the exception of one Development internship that can be held virtually.
- Interns are paid semi-monthly at a rate of $15 per hour.
- If needed, our staff can work with students to gain course credit.
Please direct any internship program questions to email@example.com.
What We Seek in an Annie's List Intern
- Dedication to the Annie's List mission and values
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced political environment, please note that our internships are not public policy-centric
- Strong writing and research skills
- Comfort using Google platforms
- Excitement to learn more about the political process in Texas!
Overview of Annie's List Departments
Communications Intern: learn how to build a political brand, create engaging content, and develop successful outreach strategies.
- Assist in tracking stories relevant to Annie’s List candidates and issues
- Monitor media for Annie’s List mentions
- Research and draft copy for social media content, emails, press releases, and web content
Development Intern: learn how to research, engage and thank political donors in support of your mission.
- Learn how to plan, run, and support fundraising events
- Conduct donor research and update pertinent database and spreadsheets
- Learn critical campaign tools, like Numero and EveryAction, and organize and conduct call-time
Political Intern: learn how to research for political races and give candidates the support they need to win.
- Support training curriculum development for our candidates, campaign staff, and advocates
- Help research and develop a pipeline for candidate recruitment
- Conduct political research and learn software pertinent to progressive campaigns (NGP & VAN)
Executive Intern: learn what it takes to lead an effective political organization.
- Work closely with the Executive Director
- Conduct pertinent research and help draft talking points
- Learn how to manage relationships with statewide stakeholders
Operations Intern: learn how to manage the business side of an organization.
- Work closely with the Operations Director
- Assist with day to day operations of a small business
- Learn how to oversee a budget and increase efficiency
In addition to these primary tasks, interns will also be called on to help with tasks for other departments as needed. Interns will not only get a sense of what it takes to elect women in Texas, but also have the option to participate in career development opportunities, such as resume/cover letter writing workshops, networking workshops, and panels tailored to the current interns' interests.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive. Annie's List reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
Annie’s List is committed to diversity among staff and recognizes that continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents.
Annie’s List is an equal opportunity employer and it is standard policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Annie’s List will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and such conduct is strictly prohibited.