Annie’s List offers paid positions for young leaders enrolled in college through our internship program. Each semester we interview and hire four to six college students who are interested in the political process and creating better government to work with our team.
Our interns have gone on to attend Annie’s List Campaign School, work on campaigns of our endorsed candidates around the state, join the Annie’s List staff, and hold key positions in the Texas Capitol.
Applications for Summer 2021 internships are CLOSED.
Application deadline: Sunday, April 18 at 11:59PM CT
Summer Internship dates: June 7 - August 6
This Summer, we are hiring interns for the following departments: Communications, Political, Development, and Operations.
Due to the volume of applications, our deadline is strict and helps ensure that our review process is completed in a timely manner. Summer 2021 applicants can expect to hear back about the status of their applications in early May.
Please direct any internship program questions to email@example.com.
Strong candidates have a demonstrated commitment to Annie’s List mission and values, relevant work experience, strong writing skills, comfort using google platforms and the energy/flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
Interns are required to work remotely at least 10 hours/week and are paid bi-monthly. If needed, our staff can work with students to gain course credit.
Overview of Annie's List Departments
Operations Intern: learn how to manage the business side of an organization.
- Work closely with the Operations Director
- Assist with day to day operations of a small business
- Learn how to oversee a budget and increase efficiency
Communications Intern: learn how to build a political brand, create engaging content, and develop successful outreach strategies.
- Assist in tracking stories relevant to Annie’s List candidates and issues
- Monitor media for Annie’s List mentions
- Research and draft copy for social media content, emails, press releases, and web content
Political Intern: learn how to research for political races and give candidates the support they need to win.
- Reach out to potential supporters for Annie’s List candidates
- Learn software pertinent to progressive campaigns (NGP & VAN)
- Conduct political research
Programs Intern: learn how to plan and deliver meaningful support to candidates and their staff.
- Help identify strategic training locations and local partners
- Assist in recruiting attendees for candidate trainings
- Plan event logistics and contribute to delivery and evaluation
Development Intern: learn how to research, engage and thank political donors in support of your mission.
- Support fundraising event preparation and execution
- Conduct donor research and update database and spreadsheets
- Prepare mailings and solicitations
Executive Intern: learn what it takes to lead an effective political organization.
- Work closely with the Executive Director
- Conduct pertinent research and help draft talking points
- Learn how to manage relationships with statewide stakeholders
In addition to these primary tasks, interns will also be called on to help with tasks for other departments as needed. Interns will not only get a sense of what it takes to elect women in Texas, but also have the option to participate in career development opportunities, such as resume/cover letter writing workshops, networking workshops, and panels tailored to the current interns' interests.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive. Annie's List reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
Annie’s List is committed to diversity among staff and recognizes that continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents.
Annie’s List is an equal opportunity employer and it is standard policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Annie’s List will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and such conduct is strictly prohibited.