Founded in 2003, Annie’s List was named for Dr. Annie Webb Blanton, the first woman elected to statewide office in Texas in her own right.
To achieve equality for women by changing the face of power in Texas politics.
Annie’s List recruits, trains, supports and elects pro-choice women in Texas.
- 23 women elected and re-elected statewide
- Over $4 million in candidate contributions
- 2,500 women trained statewide
- 75 campaign managers trained
By electing pro-choice women, Annie’s List promotes an agenda which:
- Protects reproductive rights for women
- Provides affordable and accessible healthcare for all Texas families
- Creates equitable wages and working conditions for women
- Prevents violence against women and children and assists those who do become victims
- Supports quality public education for all children
- Map out opportunities years in advance
- Recruit women to run in competitive districts
- Train candidates and campaign staff
- Empower the next generation of progressives
- Provide financial support to candidates
- Engage and activate women voters
Our Media Coverage