Founded in 2003, Annie’s List was named for Dr. Annie Webb Blanton, the first woman elected to statewide office in Texas in her own right. Find out more about our inspiring namesake.
Who we are
For more than ten years, Annie’s List has been committed to electing pro-choice Democratic women to office. We’ve seen too many attacks on women and our rights, and now it’s time to change the face of power for good. Only by electing more women to office in Texas can we bring a balanced perspective back to Texas government.
That’s why we recruit, train and support women across Texas so they win.
- 22 women elected statewide
- $3.3 million in direct contributions
- 2,500 women trained statewide
- 75 campaign managers trained
What we do
• Map out opportunities years in advance
• Recruit women to run in competitive districts
• Train candidates and campaign staff
• Empower the next generation of progressives
• Provide financial support to candidates
• Engage and activate women voters
Why we do it
Either by unfair redistricting, institutional bias or self-imposed limitations, women have been
severely underrepresented in the Texas Legislature. Annie’s List works to proactively recruit talented women to run for office, to level the playing field in the campaigns and to help women move up the leadership pipeline as public servants. We see this as the only way to bring a balanced perspective back to Texas government.