Applications for our Summer 2022 internship program are currently OPEN!
Annie’s List offers paid positions for young leaders enrolled in college through our internship program. Each semester we interview and hire those who are interested in the political process, electing progressive women, and creating better government to work with our team.
Our interns have gone on to attend Annie’s List Campaign School, work on campaigns of our endorsed candidates around the state, join the Annie’s List staff, and hold key positions in the Texas Capitol.
About Our Internship Program
- The Summer 2022 internship runs for eight weeks from June 1 – July 29.
- Interns are required to work a minimum of 10 hours/week.
- Our internships will be held remotely.
- Interns are paid semi-monthly at a rate of $15 per hour.
- If needed, our staff can work with students to gain course credit.
What We Seek in an Annie’s List Intern
- Dedication to the Annie’s List mission and values,
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced political environment, (please note that our internships are not public policy-centric),
- Strong writing and research skills,
- Comfort using Google platforms, and
- Excitement to learn more about the political process in Texas!
This Summer We’re Hiring the Following
Communications Intern: learn how to build a political brand, create engaging content, and develop successful outreach strategies. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in tracking stories relevant to Annie’s List candidates and issues
- Monitoring media for Annie’s List mentions
- Researching and drafting copy for social media content, emails, press releases, and web content
Development Intern: learn how to research, engage and thank political donors in support of your mission. Responsibilities include:
- Learning how to plan, run, and support fundraising events
- Conducting donor research and updating pertinent database and spreadsheets
- Learning critical campaign tools, like Numero and EveryAction, and organizing and conducting call-time
Political & Advocacy Intern: learn how to research for political races and give candidates the support they need to win. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting training curriculum development for our candidates, campaign staff, and advocates
- Helping research and development of a pipeline for candidate recruitment
- Conducting political research and learning software pertinent to progressive campaigns (NGP & VAN)
In addition to these primary tasks, interns will also be called on to help with tasks for other departments as needed. Interns will not only get a sense of what it takes to elect women in Texas, but also have the option to participate in career development opportunities, such as resume/cover letter writing workshops, networking workshops, and panels tailored to the current interns’ interests.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a one page cover letter and one page resume with the subject line [ YOUR NAME: Summer Internship Application ] to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 22nd.
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive. Annie’s List reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
Annie’s List is committed to diversity among staff and recognizes that continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents.
Annie’s List is an equal opportunity employer and it is standard policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Annie’s List will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and such conduct is strictly prohibited.