We made 2018 The Year of Women Winning, but this is not just a moment, it's a movement.
Upcoming Annie's List Events & Trainings
Day of Event: June 20 | 6:00 pm
Day of Event: July 6 | 9:30 am
Annie’s List Run to Lead Campaign Training prepares progressive women to run for state or local office. Whether you are running for school board, city, county or statewide office, this full-day, in-depth workshop teaches you the building blocks of a campaign from seasoned political experts.
Invest in yourself as a candidate so you can make the change you want to see in your community.
When: Saturday, July 6, 2019 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Country Inn and Suites, 3825 S Expressway 83, Harlingen, TX 78550
What: Annie’s List Run to Lead Campaign Training prepares progressive women to run for state or local office. Whether you are running for school board, city, county or statewide office, this full-day, in-depth workshop teaches you the building blocks of a campaign including:
- Calculate your “win” number and build the campaign operations to reach your goal
- Tell your story persuasively: using the right messages and mediums to connect
- Develop strategies for effective outreach and voter targeting
- Leverage your network for political fundraising
- Manage life on the campaign trail
Annie’s List knows that with the right information and resources, today’s little league fundraiser or zoning commission volunteer is tomorrow’s candidate for city council or state representative.
Day of Event: July 8 | 6:00 pm
When: Monday, July 8, 2019, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Where: The Riveter, 1145 W 5th St. Austin, TX 78703
What: Annie’s List is proud to offer Candidate 101, a two-hour program to help progressive women at all stages of leadership start answering questions they have around running for office and help them take steps towards become a strong candidate. The program includes:
- Basic information about running for local offices, including county commissioner, city council, school board and more
- Insight into the time, resources and external support needed to run a successful campaign
- Practical advice to start preparing yourself to run for office
- Time to ask questions from experienced campaigners and connect with others considering running for office
You may be years away from your first election – or considering a run within the next year. Let Annie’s List help you on your path to becoming a champion for your community today.
Annie’s List will provide all training materials and refreshments for the event. Grace Ann Garcia scholarships are available; please contact Ana Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire.