Founded in 2003, Annie’s List was named for Dr. Annie Webb Blanton, the first woman elected to statewide office in Texas in her own right.
To achieve equity for women by changing the face of power in Texas.
Annie’s List recruits, trains, supports and elects progressive women who are dedicated to advancing the self-determination, health, safety and financial security of Texas women and their families.
By electing progressive women and changing the face of power in Texas, Annie’s List promotes an agenda that:
- Protects access to a full range of sexual and reproductive health care for all women.
- Provides affordable and accessible health care for all Texas families.
- Advances the inclusion and protection of marginalized and disenfranchised Texans in all aspects of public life.
- Creates equitable economic opportunities, wages and working conditions for women
- Prevents violence against women and children and assists those who do become victims
- Supports high quality and accessible public education for all children, pre-K through college.
- Map out opportunities years in advance
- Recruit women to run in competitive districts
- Train candidates and campaign staff
- Empower the next generation of progressives
- Provide financial support to candidates
- Engage and activate women voters
Our Media Coverage
Join us to #changepower in Texas!